Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 4

Brand Positioning Statement V2

Pacific Coastal Airlines has been safely connecting and inspiring communities throughout the West Coast for 35 years. 100% family owned and operated, Pacific Coastal prides itself on having a traditional approach to travel, making each journey memorable and exciting. Our friendly and reliable services rejuvenate and refresh travelers as they explore the beauties and adventures of British Columbia. Pacific Coastal is more than just an airline, it's an old friend.


Mood Boards V2

I have further developed my original mood boards, to give a more specific identity to each. They have evolved into the following:

Energy & Adventure
Family Tradition
Modern Sustainability

Mood Boards Apr 15

Though I was originally drawn to the idea of tradition for the company, I do like the Energy mood board. I think it would give the brand an appealing excitement and intensity that it lacks.


Logo Sketches V1

I started off with some very rough brainstorming of ideas - just drawing whatever came to mind. I then used the process sheets to come up with a few more solid concepts that could be potentially used for a logo.

A blue dot on these sheets indicate styles I want and need to explore more. I apologize for the weird scans . . .I was having scanner/computer issues (and will hopefully get something more finished up on the weekend).

BrainstormingSketches
LogoSketchesV1


Taglines V1

I'm contemplating the necessity of the "Airlines" portion of the current logo. I think Pacific Coastal is an established BC airline, and doesn't necessarily need the qualifier. I also think there are alternate ways to allude to the fact that it's an airline.

Here are a few attempts at a tagline, resulting from my key messaging and brand positioning statement:

Your Adventure Airline.
An Airline with Personality.
Connect. Inspire. Excite.
Fly. Connect. Explore.

No comments: